Friday 2 November 2007

Cross Dressing


Today I had to get up early and take pics of the fun run that was happening at silly o'clock. At 6.30am this mole certainly wasn't ready for blazing sunshine and bright light or being out of the land of nod to be perfectly honest. Naturally Eek took the sensible option of staying in bed despite saying last night she wanted to watch the fun.


The event is a bit of classic where both men and women dress up in pink, wear bras and generally glam it up. It was great to see so many young kids taking part as well as stars of footie (that's rugby and Aussie rules), big name marathon and 10km runners along with the odd tri pro. Once down and snapping I had a top time and loved watching people give it their all whether they were winning or at the back of the pack. Not sure the pink bras and wigs are for me yet but you never know;-).


After a quick amble back up the hill to our place I woke Eek ready for breakfast and headed off to the press launch with all the big names such as Craig Walton and Emma Snowsill along with the great Robbie McEwen (Tour De France sprint champ). It was great to hear the sprint master chat and I can't wait to watch him in the crit (short looped town race) tomorrow. Be interesting to see who hits the top spot in the men's tri too with Courtney Atkinson looking like he might topple the mighty Walton.


After 'work' we went to look at the expo and tried to spend money on new lairy flowery shoes but luckily for us they didn't work with our gaits. That said we were given equally lairy flowery singlets (vests) in our goody bags when we registered for the event. Mine is rather special though. Unlike most events where small still usually looks I've borrowed it from my big brother these are the opposite. Once stretched over my little body the offending item looks like a bikini top. I wasn't the only one with this problem though. I saw many large men around trying to squeeze into theirs, which really made me laugh especially when they tried to pull them over their bellies only for them to ride straight back up.


After my little fashion display the Eek managed to stop laughing long enough to take part in the 1000m ocean swim. After sorting her entry and slipping on a fetching neon orange hat she was out in the waves being battered about on the fastest spin cycle. She wants to tell you all about it so I'll just say I was dead proud as she battled through a tough and truly scary looking swim. I was certainly happy to see her at the end in one piece and smiling. In the top ten I think based on my spotting while trying to snap her exit. Well done Eekster!




No comments: